Saturday, 26 March 2016

I got the call...

So excited, I got the call I had been waiting for.  My first appointment is for May 6., and they sent a pkg of paperwork to fill out.

So this past week, still recovering from what my dr thinks is a fracture in my foot., that happened at the beginning of the month., I get started preparing for the appt.  I answered the questions, and then pulled together all relevant documents to assist me.  I called or e-mailed companies to show I had tried different weight loss strategies.  Jenny Craig still had me on file, so I got a print out of that membership, but weight watchers did not.  Thankfully I had saved a few of the booklets, it was nice to look back and see where I was, and regret that I wasn't able to keep it up.

I pulled together all the weight wise, AB health, and primary care network classes and put it all in one binder.  I also have my certificate and grades for the 3 different on line weight loss, nutrition, fitness courses I took.  They were all really good, I was able to go at my own pace, I definitely recommend taking something.  I found them on Groupon.  I also gathered the different fitness membership, boot camp classes I attended over the past few years.  All this shows is that I do try, and tho I can't always afford to keep going, I wasn't sitting around either, I kept trying. 

Now I am working on what I consider to be my biggest challenge, food journaling.  Tracking every bite does not come easy to me.  It is required, and I know it is important, so I shall do my best.  I am writing it down on paper, and then at the end of the day I enter into My Fitness Pal.  Since My Fitness Pal has a huge database to every food out there, and if it doesn't you can copy from the pkg and add it in, it makes the job easy.  Last time I tracked was during my Weight Watchers days., and I got pretty good at eyeballing the amounts.  If I am required to be exact I will dig out the measuring cups, but for now I'm using my hands as a rough guide...as learned in the classes. 

Now is the time I feel the crunch to finish up some of the house renovations, knowing that my recovery could take awhile, I don't want things left undone.  So this week the kids are on spring break, and we are getting the playroom finished.  The snow is almost gone, time to clean the backyard, and start planning for our brand new garden. 
 
Time line to date:
 
Saw family doctor and he sent referral Jan 2015.
Call to set up for 1st appt...March 2016.
1st Meeting to Bariatric Clinic...May 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment